Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Breadstick Wreath


You'll need:
Any Brand Breadstick Dough
Confectioners Sugar
Red Cinnamon Dots or Red Food Coloring
Toothpick
Ribbon for a Bow


Open your dough. Take three pieces apart and lay out flat, pull and stretch the dough till about 12 or 14 inches long.


Braid them together. I pushed my thumb into the starting pieces to secure a bit to the cookie board. Finish the braid.


Curl into a wreath shape. Shape the ends together neatly.


Cook according to package directions.


After it has cooled, drizzle confection sugar glaze over the wreath.


If you have cinnamon dots, place three together like holly berries. I didn't have any, so I colored a little bit of the confection glaze with red bark and dabbed out my little berries. I made a red ribbon bow and with a toothpick I stuck the bow to the wreath where the ends had met. This are still dinner rolls. You've barely used much glaze and they haven't magically become sweet either, just pretty.


A few of these in a basket on a set table would look very festive, and your little cook will feel a great deal of satisfaction and accomplishment.

Victoria Swanson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
That is so clever. You are full of original ideas. Very nice and good enough to eat!
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...